I have lived in Maryland for almost 10 years now, and I have NEVER once had a crabcake. So tonight, I thought I would make them. Now, I used immitation crab instead of the real stuff, because I'm on a budget. But IMO, and in J's...It's just as good, if not better then the real stuff!
- 24 oz Immitation crabmeat
- 10-12 crushed ritz crackers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbs. Mayonnaise
- black pepper
- parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, egg, crackers, and seasoning; stir in mayo
- Moisten hands with cold water, and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up just enough oil in a large skillet to cover crabcakes
- Form mixture into 3 inch patties and place in skillet; cook until golden on both sides.
- place on paper towel to drain extra grease
This is so simple and easy!! I didnt really use measurements for this so you'll just have to eyeball it.
- In a small bowl, put in a good bit of mayo
- Add some ketchup until it's a lightish salmon pink color
- Add in some relish, or do what I did and if you don't have any on hand, pour in a TINY bit of pickle juice, and cut up 1 pickle into little chunks and add.
- mix it all together and VOILA! delicious, simple. homemade tartar sauce!
I served my crabcakes on a potato roll, with chips on the side. A yummy, quick meal!!!!