Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Delicious crabcakes and tartar sauce





I have lived in Maryland for almost 10 years now, and I have NEVER once had a crabcake. So tonight, I thought I would make them. Now, I used immitation crab instead of the real stuff, because I'm on a budget. But IMO, and in J's...It's just as good, if not better then the real stuff!

INGREDIENTS:

- 24 oz Immitation crabmeat

- 10-12 crushed ritz crackers

- 1 egg, beaten

- 3 tbs. Mayonnaise

- black pepper

- parsley flakes

DIRECTIONS:

- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, egg, crackers, and seasoning; stir in mayo

- Moisten hands with cold water, and mix thoroughly.

- Heat up just enough oil in a large skillet to cover crabcakes

- Form mixture into 3 inch patties and place in skillet; cook until golden on both sides.

- place on paper towel to drain extra grease

TARTAR SAUCE:

This is so simple and easy!! I didnt really use measurements for this so you'll just have to eyeball it.

- In a small bowl, put in a good bit of mayo

- Add some ketchup until it's a lightish salmon pink color

- Add in some relish, or do what I did and if you don't have any on hand, pour in a TINY bit of pickle juice, and cut up 1 pickle into little chunks and add.

- mix it all together and VOILA! delicious, simple. homemade tartar sauce!

I served my crabcakes on a potato roll, with chips on the side. A yummy, quick meal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment