Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Carribean Chicken Salad
This is a yummy, refreshing, and different kind of salad.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Jamaican Jerk, or Creole seasoning (I used Creole because I couldn't find the other)
- 1/2 cup honey mustard dressing
- 1 tsp. zest of lime
- lettuce or bad of mixed greens
- 2 Mangos, peeled, cored, and sliced
- baby carrots
- your shredded cheese of choice
- Any other veggies you may wish to add
- In a medium bowl, stir together dressing and lime. Cover and refrigerate to chill
- In a medium skillet, heat up just enough oil to lightly coat entire pan.
- Wash chicken, and season generously with your seasoning
- Cook chicken in skillet until it's golden brown, and not pink in the center; let cool on plate with a paper towel over it to drain the grease.
- In a salad bowl, add your lettuce, veggies, and cheese
- Top with chicken and mango
- Put on dressing, and toss until everything is coated; Serve and enjoy!
Posted by Ashley at 2:47 PM