Mmmmmm! A hearty, itialian dish. It's a great meal for when you just don't feel like cooking again for the rest of the week, and you can resort to eating the leftovers! Also great for big parties, and receptions!
- 1 lb Ziti pasta (use whole wheat ziti for a healthier version)
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef. (you can also cook up some chicken and use that)
-2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- Italian seasoning and garlic (to taste....The more spices, the better!!!)
- Shredded chedder cheese (as much or as little as you like! I personally LOVE cheese)
Brown up sausage and ground beed in a large sauce pot.....Drain leftover grease.
Add in crushed tomatoes and beef broth; Stir in seasoning
Heat until boiling; reduce heat and let simmer
In another pot, boil salted water (Make sure to add a good bit of salt...it's the only change you actually have the season the pasta itself!); Add pasta and cook until done.
Spoon some of your meat sauce into bottom of roasting pan
Add enough pasta to cover bottom of pan; Add another layer of meat sauce, top with cheese. Repeat with however many layers neccessary.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly!
Voila! There you have a delicious classic italian dish! Serve with garlic bread and a side salad!